Sunday 12 April 2020

Resurrection joy


Christ is risen

This has been a strange Easter for all of us usually a joyful family time, but now celebrated by many on there own, my prayer goes out to everyone that this Easter will be special in that they have a close encounter with the risen Lord Jesus and celebrate, why not join with me in an Easter song of praise.  




Sing loud songs of exaltation, Christ is risen from the grave.
Gladly bring your adoration, Jesus Christ has power to save.
Satan’s power has been defeated,
Death and hell have lost their sting
Christ’s redeemed rise up together
Joyful alleluias bring.

Now there is no condemnation, Christ has taken all my sin
Gladly on the cross he bore it, fallen humankind to win
Now we have the living Spirit
Giving life to mortal flesh
Filling us with full assurance,
Clothed with Jesu’s righteousness

We are filled with Christ’s own Spirit, clothing us with risen power.
We shall walk the road with Jesus, day by day and hour by hour
We proclaim the gospel message:
“We are saved by Jesus’ love”
Bringing many souls to Jesus,
Linking earth with heaven above.

 Tune: Ode to Joy, Beethoven "Sing to God New Songs of Worship”

Now Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb 12 and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus’ body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.
13 They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?”
“They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” 14 At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.
15 He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?”
Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”
16 Jesus said to her, “Mary.”
She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).
17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
18 Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her.      John 20 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment